Friday, November 2, 2007

"A New Day with Marikay"

When I first decided to run for elected office as an At-Large Candidate for the City of Greensboro, a friend of ours suggested "A New Day with Marikay" as my campaign slogan. It would have been a wonderful slogan, but I needed to get my last name out there as most everyone already knew me as "Marikay". Instead, I decided to use the phrase every day as my own "personal" slogan. Every morning I think of it before I start the day and it has helped me greet each day with an energy and strength that has surpassed all my expectations.


This campaign has truly been a "life experience" for me and I have enjoyed every minute. Of course there have been stressful moments, but it has been an extremely positive journey. I have gained knowledge in researching issues that I never would have pursued, I have been amazed at my acceptance into the political arena, and I have been overwhelmed at the outpouring of support from most everyone I have met. More importantly, I have gained new insights from "regular" citizens like myself on issues and concerns which affect all of us.


Through the course of the last few months I have gained new friends, become reacquainted with "old" friends, and have created some lasting bonds with friends that will never be broken. It is and has been a pleasurable journey and, if elected, I promise to keep on that journey with the energy and passion that has been bestowed upon me.


While I am new in the "blogging" world, I am also fascinated about it! Will my blog end after the election? NO! I plan to continue no matter what the outcome, but I still plan to WIN in the election! I look forward to your comments, suggestions, ideas and even debates if you so choose.

Sincerely, Marikay Abuzuaiter

No comments: